Physics problems keep me up at night.
+ eating strawberry ice cream 2x in three days
+ wearing sweatshirts & slippers at home in bed
+ learning the present participle in French & discovering how simple it is
+ being back in my bedroom after a week living away from home
+ prospects of napping next week…
+ feeling kisses for a long time afterward
+ rereading good letters
+ having heart-to-hearts with someone you haven’t had a heart-to-heart with in a long time
+ being proud of debate cases
+ compliments from genuine/admirable people
+ being known for something you love/are proud of
+ pretending to know how to play the clarinet
+ listening to The Blow/Sigur Ros/Kid Cudi/Uffie/Feist/& such
+ Having Indian friends, dressing in Indian garb(a was delightful)
+ Skype & webcams & their shoddy photographs
+ Dries Van Noten s/s 2010 show in 5 days
+ My math test went really well!
+ I went to lunch with him today… 2 days sooner than I’d hoped. He wore a soft sweatshirt. I love it when people wear sweatshirts.
+ In the morning the sun shines through my bedroom window and in the afternoon/evening it shines through my workroom window.
+ The weather today was crisp and autumnal, so I wore a jacket and a scarf.
+ I haven’t washed my hair since Saturday, but it’s really soft and light still. I love not being greasy.
+ Question at school: “Hey Clare, are we still getting married when I become the president of the world? … Okay, good, I just wanted to make sure,”
+ Natalie Portman’s Shaved Head — Confections
- Above: Ines de la Fressange’s home for The Selby.
- Rosy pinks/red/white/light blue/greenery
- Dalai Lama
- Dries Van Noten has a fantastic accent
- white clothes + blue & pink. you are a canvas.
- I took a practice PSAT & got 218, my exact score from last year.
- Weekend: Nitesh, photo/playing with cats/laziness adventures/Kevin, organize closet, do laundry, decorate house more, arrange flowers, study PSAT business, study school subjects, Edgar Degas/French/Katie.
- tennis/kitten/hoodie/curly hair/music/kissssssss.
- I want to go to church. I want to go to synagogue.
- Bass voices are impressive.
- It ain’t trickin’ if you got it.
Q: WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE?
A: GO ‘HEAD, SWITCH THE STYLE UP, & IF THEY HATIN’ LET ‘EM HATE & WATCH THE MONEY PILE UP. I, I GO FOR MINE. I GOT TO SHINE. NOW THROW YOUR HANDS UP IN THE SKY!
LOVE LIST BECAUSE I NEED IT:
- My bedroom in the mid-morning & how the light streams in and everything looks prettier.
- Making sandwiches for Nitesh & getting kisses.
- Planning, lists, and gradual accomplishment.
- Always being challenged.
- Man on the Moon (Kid Cudi), Raphael (CocoRosie), Empire State of Mind (Jay-z ft. Alicia Keys), Kids (MGMT), Silver Lining (Rilo Kiley), The District Sleeps Alone Tonight (The Postal Service)
- Making art & giving it to people
- Degas’ ballerinas
- being finished with the constitutional congress simulation in US History class!
- JOHANNES BRAHMS
- sculpture in photo, Rodin
- getting a good amount of sleep
- orange juice
You da fuckin best. You da fuckin best. You da fuckin best. You da fuckin best.
Right now, I am in a very good mood. My emotions right now could be described as: I love everything. (and by everything, I mean everything genuine.) This being the case, a list of all these things I am loving is necessary. I think I’m going to start using this blog more as a diary of everything awesome that happens to me and others. Documentation is the best, and documentation of amazing things is even better. And without further ado, the list begins:
- I don’t remember where this picture is from, but it’s great. And what a perfectly structural nose.
- putting my hair in a loose side braid and letting it get looser and looser throughout the day
- “best I ever had” by drake. I realize that everyone else is over the fact that this is jimmy from degrassi, but the main reason I love him is that he is friends with lil wayne. now picture lil wayne as one of the kids at degrassi high. yeah. my fascination is legitimate. this song is also ace even though a lot of it is the same thing over and over.
- talking on the phone to my boyfriend while he’s at NASA summer aeronautics camp. sap sap sap I love hearing his voice. I also got to talk to his super cute roommate and I’m going to send them some chocolate chip cookies
- “mr yeah” by the dream
- sugar. this is a lot different than saying I love sweet things. I love eating white, granulated sugar out of a spoon. it has a flavor that can be experienced no other way.
- slip n slides and hanging out with people all day long
- drinking milk late at night
- wearing my swimsuit when I am not even swimming
- watching youtube videos of cute boys who can crip walk (gosu!!!)
- receiving perfect letters (and totally adorable traditional Korean dolls) from my friend (official most genuine, nicest person I have yet to meet) living in South Korea
- marvin gaye.
- flickr. it is very fun and I just changed my username to mosquitonet on a whim. I’m loving it so far
- practicing piano. I didn’t get a chance to today though, and I feel a little bit empty.