NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS:
I’m writing these down as many places as possible so that I keep them keep them keep them.
(Repeating things 3 times makes me feel like I’m in Eloise, which is comforting because everyone in that book totally has their shit together… well in the way that matters. El & her nanny have got strongly established self-identities I guess.)
1. care for my friends outwardly. (show that I care about them, I guess. I can’t find a good way to word this. show my caringness for my friends. blehdebleh)
2. ask for help. (lack of this is the only reason for any of my failures.)
3. develop regular sleep patterns. (mainly during the rest of the school year. for the time being I’ll choose to ignore the fact that it’s 1:16 already)
4. Do yoga & stretch more.
5. Refine wardrobe (so that when I wake up 10 mins. before school begins I can still look fre$$h!)
6. Go to architecture camp! (possible places to apply: carnegie mellon, cornell, upenn…um.)
7. Find a new piano teacher.
8. Decorate house. (I’ve actually already somewhat started this/I have many ideas.)
9. Take ballroom dancing lessons!
10. Learn to cook. (I might be most excited about this one. Plus for the first time in a year, I now have an oven!)
11. Learn to do a handstand. (Because I know this will make me feel powerful and happy.)
12. Be a good girlfriend..
13. Make a shitton of art, & document everything.
14. Explore/become more familiar/develop routines in my hometown.
(Because of the following horoscope via Rob Brezny…)
SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): You Sagittarians may wander farther and
wider than the other signs of the zodiac, and you may get itchier when
required to stay in one place too long, but you still need a sense of
belonging. Whether that comes from having a certain building where you
feel comfortable or a wilderness that evokes your beloved
adventurousness or a tribe that gives you a sense of community, you
thrive when you’re in regular touch with a homing signal that keeps you
grounded. According to my analysis, 2010 will be prime time for you to
find or create or renew your connection to a source that serves this
It actually makes a lot of sense to establish a strong home base this year, since in the last quarter of it I’ll be going away (hopefully somewhat far away!) to school. God, I love being a Saggitarius. Is that strange?