+ Having Indian friends, dressing in Indian garb(a was delightful)
+ Skype & webcams & their shoddy photographs
+ Dries Van Noten s/s 2010 show in 5 days
+ My math test went really well!
+ I went to lunch with him today… 2 days sooner than I’d hoped. He wore a soft sweatshirt. I love it when people wear sweatshirts.
+ In the morning the sun shines through my bedroom window and in the afternoon/evening it shines through my workroom window.
+ The weather today was crisp and autumnal, so I wore a jacket and a scarf.
+ I haven’t washed my hair since Saturday, but it’s really soft and light still. I love not being greasy.
+ Question at school: “Hey Clare, are we still getting married when I become the president of the world? … Okay, good, I just wanted to make sure,”
+ Natalie Portman’s Shaved Head — Confections
“I be up, up, & away; up, up, & away, ’cause in the end they’ll judge me anyway, so whatever,”
All I listen to: Kid Cudi; Rilo Kiley; Feist; Sibelius, Brahms; The Strokes
All I do: stay up too late talking to people living far away; daydream about your forehead and your curls; think without acting
All I see: computer screens; glimpses of fall weather; my brother’s old room; the insides of notebooks & the paper of legal pads; funny-looking teachers; hip bones
But I’m really happy, and life is pleasant and full of potential. Dries Van Noten shows his Spring 2010 collection on Sunday and I am not looking forward to any other shows as much. I’m eating lunch with my boyfriend on Thursday. I’m going to Chicago on Wednesday. I have a lot of appreciation for Oscar de la Renta. I want to sleep through my math test.
photos, Lina Scheynius (is a geynius)
- Above: Ines de la Fressange’s home for The Selby.
- Rosy pinks/red/white/light blue/greenery
- Dalai Lama
- Dries Van Noten has a fantastic accent
- white clothes + blue & pink. you are a canvas.
- I took a practice PSAT & got 218, my exact score from last year.
- Weekend: Nitesh, photo/playing with cats/laziness adventures/Kevin, organize closet, do laundry, decorate house more, arrange flowers, study PSAT business, study school subjects, Edgar Degas/French/Katie.
- tennis/kitten/hoodie/curly hair/music/kissssssss.
- I want to go to church. I want to go to synagogue.
- Bass voices are impressive.
- It ain’t trickin’ if you got it.
Q: WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE?
A: GO ‘HEAD, SWITCH THE STYLE UP, & IF THEY HATIN’ LET ‘EM HATE & WATCH THE MONEY PILE UP. I, I GO FOR MINE. I GOT TO SHINE. NOW THROW YOUR HANDS UP IN THE SKY!
LOVE LIST BECAUSE I NEED IT:
- My bedroom in the mid-morning & how the light streams in and everything looks prettier.
- Making sandwiches for Nitesh & getting kisses.
- Planning, lists, and gradual accomplishment.
- Always being challenged.
- Man on the Moon (Kid Cudi), Raphael (CocoRosie), Empire State of Mind (Jay-z ft. Alicia Keys), Kids (MGMT), Silver Lining (Rilo Kiley), The District Sleeps Alone Tonight (The Postal Service)
- Making art & giving it to people
- Degas’ ballerinas
- being finished with the constitutional congress simulation in US History class!
- JOHANNES BRAHMS
- sculpture in photo, Rodin
- getting a good amount of sleep
- orange juice
AIM CONVERSATION HIGHLIGHTS:
xxxxxxx: there’s somethin you doo
xxxxxxx: that got me walkin on the moon.
yyyyyyy: MONSIEUR EST UNE SALOPE!
Ce soir, je lisais un livre de la nanotechnologie dans ma chambre, quand le sang a commencé a venir de mon nez. J’ai mis ma main devant moi, et je regardais les gouttes de sang tombent dans un bassin sur ma peau. J’étais en trance. Beaucoup de secondes ont passé, et après ça, j’ai nettoyé ma main, et j’ai continué la lecture.
photo Lina Scheynius.
A LITTLE BIT OF ASTRONOMY & ASTROLOGY
TAKEN FROM ROB BRESZNY’S ASTROLOGY NEWSLETTER:
SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Before she became a rock goddess,
Gwen Stefani cleaned the floors at an ice cream parlor. Prior to ascending
to stardom, Ellen DeGeneres was an oyster shucker, Keanu Reeves worked
a janitor, and Brad Pitt performed as a giant chicken mascot. As for me,
my gig as an internationally syndicated astrologer was not my first.
Among many other things, I washed enough pots and pans in cheap
restaurants to fulfill my dishwashing karma for my next five incarnations. I
hope these examples serve to inspire you, Sagittarius. Even during the
down economy, the next six months will provide you with ripe astrological
conditions for upgrading your job. And the coming weeks will be prime
time to brainstorm about how to go about it.
photo: cat’s eye nebula, nasa.gov
A person with ADHD may have some or all of the following symptoms:
- difficulty paying attention to details and tendency to make careless mistakes in school or other activities; producing work that is often messy and careless
- being unable to get organized, either at home or at school
- fidgeting, especially with the hands and feet
- easily distracted by irrelevant stimuli and frequently interrupting ongoing tasks to attend to trivial noises or events that are usually ignored by others
- inability to sustain attention on tasks or activities
- difficulty finishing schoolwork or paperwork or performing tasks that require concentration
- frequent shifts from one uncompleted activity to another
- disorganized work habits
- forgetfulness in daily activities (for example, missing appointments, forgetting to bring lunch)
- failure to complete tasks such as homework or chores
- frequent shifts in conversation, not listening to others, not keeping one’s mind on conversations, and not following details or rules of activities in social situations
Of course, the more probable solution to these symptoms is that I don’t sleep properly.
Photos, Hedi Slimane Diary