It’s been fourteen days since I posted something here; however, seven of the fourteen can be excused by the fact that during them I was laying on the beaches of Lake Michigan. That considered, I’ve only not posted for a week, which is entirely acceptable to me.
Shriya. Marlene. Nitesh. Katie. Kevin. Max. John. Jack. Jack. Chris. Scott. These are the people who make my days nice, among others.
And for the rest of this evening’s broadcast, I give you…
NAMES I’D GIVE TO INANIMATE OBJECTS:
1. x-ray: Jenny or Louise. Perhaps even Francis.
2. oranges: Clemence, the one on the bottom, and Jacques. They are twins, and they are French. Clemence is at the age where you begin to realize the existence of the act of being cool, and trying desperately to reach that tantalizing status of Cool Girl, she tends to dismiss Jacques acrobatic antics as being those of someone who is far below standards of anyone she’d talk to. Secretly she loves him though.
3. flower pots: clockwise from far left: Alice, Marjorie, Sylvia, and Deirdre. (note: I would have linked to this picture, the original Deirdre, but flickr wouldn’t let me. ah well. other sources are found by clicking on the photos.)
You da fuckin best. You da fuckin best. You da fuckin best. You da fuckin best.
Right now, I am in a very good mood. My emotions right now could be described as: I love everything. (and by everything, I mean everything genuine.) This being the case, a list of all these things I am loving is necessary. I think I’m going to start using this blog more as a diary of everything awesome that happens to me and others. Documentation is the best, and documentation of amazing things is even better. And without further ado, the list begins:
- I don’t remember where this picture is from, but it’s great. And what a perfectly structural nose.
- putting my hair in a loose side braid and letting it get looser and looser throughout the day
- “best I ever had” by drake. I realize that everyone else is over the fact that this is jimmy from degrassi, but the main reason I love him is that he is friends with lil wayne. now picture lil wayne as one of the kids at degrassi high. yeah. my fascination is legitimate. this song is also ace even though a lot of it is the same thing over and over.
- talking on the phone to my boyfriend while he’s at NASA summer aeronautics camp. sap sap sap I love hearing his voice. I also got to talk to his super cute roommate and I’m going to send them some chocolate chip cookies
- “mr yeah” by the dream
- sugar. this is a lot different than saying I love sweet things. I love eating white, granulated sugar out of a spoon. it has a flavor that can be experienced no other way.
- slip n slides and hanging out with people all day long
- drinking milk late at night
- wearing my swimsuit when I am not even swimming
- watching youtube videos of cute boys who can crip walk (gosu!!!)
- receiving perfect letters (and totally adorable traditional Korean dolls) from my friend (official most genuine, nicest person I have yet to meet) living in South Korea
- marvin gaye.
- flickr. it is very fun and I just changed my username to mosquitonet on a whim. I’m loving it so far
- practicing piano. I didn’t get a chance to today though, and I feel a little bit empty.
The other day I went to the Chicago Botanic Garden with my family.
It is alphabet time again. & today is the day for the letter C, which I have special affection for because it begins my name. But what else…?
“How doth the little crocodile
Improve his shining tail,
And pour the waters of the Nile
On every golden scale!
How cheerfully he seems to grin,
How neatly spreads his claws,
And welcomes little fishes in
With gently smiling jaws!”
This poem by Lewis Carroll introduces my favorite animal, the crocodile, which happens to begin with the letter C. These few lines are actually one of the reasons I began to love crocodiles so much.
Cranes: Sandhill cranes, paper cranes, any sort of cranes. Whether living or not, these birds are quite dear to me.
Cherry blossoms: , are a perfect symbol of winter ending, & I love it.
Charlotte Gainsbourg: An icon for style, for beauty, for music… for anything you would need an icon for, really. She is delicate in the wisest, coolest way.
Chuck Bass: this does not need to be explained. He’s beautiful & nothing can convince me otherwise!